Best WordPress Hosting Choice #1 > BlueHost
This the top-rated WordPress hosting provider online that has been ranked as the number one option by WordPress.org – the official website for the download of WordPress core, theme, and plugin. This company is serving for millions of customers for more than 15 years. This long-term experience allows the web host to realize what kind of WordPress hosting service can meet customers’ needs ultimately.
- Cheap Price – BlueHost simply sets the hosting price below the average hosting charging online. It offers this exclusive promotional link that allows customers to purchase starting at $3.49/mo only, 51% off the regular price of $7.99/mo.
- Money Back – This web host promises customers a risk-free online purchasing with the anytime money back guarantee.
- Rich Features – According to the official website, BlueHost offers almost all the features needed for WordPress hosting, including unlimited bandwidth and disk space, cPanel, 1-click WordPress installer, SSH, SSL, free domain, fee advertising credits, automatic backup, and many more.
- Amazing Performance – This web host only uses DELL branded web servers to host the websites with smooth and fast network. Besides, instead of renting data center, BlueHost has built its own world-class server spaces with the advanced technologies. Thus, whenever there is something wrong happened, the experts can handle the issues quickly without contacting the IDC companies. As monitored, the WordPress site hosted with this company is 100% online with the peak performance.
Best WordPress Hosting Choice #2 > InMotion Hosting
This is another well-known WordPress hosting provider online that focuses on the business sites built using WordPress. Due to the quality hosting service, this company has already been awarded as a CNET certified hosting provider for more than 10 years, and has gain the A plus rating by BBB.
- Cost-Effective Packages – InMotion offers three packages of Launch, Power, and Pro, which are all coming with rich features as unlimited server resources, multiple websites allowed on one account, 90 days refund policy, free marketing credits, hundreds of free applications, and cPanel control panel, etc. Customers get these packages starting at $3.49/mo, $4.49/mo, and $13.99/mo respectively with this 56% promotional link.
- Premier Support – This web host views technical support greatly. Instead of outsourcing this part, InMotion simply hires a group of profession support staffs who are all gone through a strict training with rich experiences in this industry. Customers can ask for help from these professionals 24/7 via phone, online chat, email, and forum.
- Peak Performance – The page loading speed achieved by this company is super blazing. In addition to locating the quality servers with high specification at two advanced data centers, InMotion also uses its exclusive Max Speed Zone technology to speed the website up to 6 times faster.
Best WordPress Hosting Choice #3 > Arvixe
The last recommended WordPress hosting company in our list is Arvixe, which is a famous brand in the world of web hosting industry. It only offers a total of two WordPress hosting package that are not only affordable, but also rich-featured.
- Affordable Package – This company initially prices the packages at $4/mo that is the average hosting price online. But now, customers can go with a cheaper price of $2.8/mo effectively with a coupon code BWH360. Besides, with the 60-day money back guarantee, customers can get their money back if they want to cancel their accounts.
- Excellent Hosting Performance – According to our testing result, this web host can achieve a short server response time of 397ms on average, along with an up to 99.98% uptime track record. This is because all the servers and data center infrastructure utilized by Arvixe are all quality and robust.
- Responsive Support – As researched among hundreds of Arvixe customers, no one has complained about the support service offered by this web host. All the support staffs are professional and experienced, and can be contacted all the times through live chat, phone, and email.
Which Type of WordPress Hosting Should You Use?
Before purchasing a hosting package to start a WordPress site, you have to evaluate your needs first. These include the requirements on the server resources, ease of use, security, support, and more.
As there are several different types of WordPress hosting services available with their own highlights and drawbacks, choosing the right one that fits your needs can not only save your money but also ensure you a good using experience. Besides, it helps your WordPress grow healthily.
Below is the brief introduction of the 5 popular types of WordPress hosting. Hope the information could assist you in making the decision.
Free WordPress hosting
It is easy to find a free WordPress hosting package to get a blog started quickly. Of course, the benefit of using this kind of service is that you don’t need to pay a penny for the basic resources and features you can use. However, if you take your online presence serious, we suggest you stay away from it for the following reasons.
- Usually, you have to put the banner ads of the hosting provider on your WordPress site.
- Free WordPress hosting is unreliable as the provider may stop it at any time without any reason.
- You might get very little control over the server.
- The uptime, speed and support could be bad.
Shared hosting is currently the most popular hosting type due to the low cost, a high level of ease of use, and 24×7 technical support. It is highly recommended for small businesses and beginners who are stepping into the WordPress hosting field.
For shared hosting, the provider has configured their server properly so you can install and use WordPress in minutes. You don’t need to learn system administration or any other coding skill because a control panel is available for you to complete the tasks like creating databases and managing website files easily.
However, as you are sharing the resources of a server with many other users, the performance of your site could be negatively affected by others.
A VPS is a virtual server created on a physical machine. Using a VPS, you get less “neighbors”, so you can enjoy better uptime, speed and security than on a shared server. Besides, with SSH and root access which are offered by many VPS hosting providers, you can configure your own server and install any third-party scripts.
Due to the better performance, more server resources and better control, VPS costs much more than shared hosting. It is a good choice for developers and medium-sized businesses.
Purchasing a dedicated hosting package, you can get a dedicated server under complete control. It is your freedom to use any software you like and optimize the server. But at the same time, you are fully responsible for the security updates, server monitoring and system administration. Besides, the cost is high.
Dedicated server is the choice for large businesses and high-traffic WordPress sites. But if you are starting out, you don’t need it. Instead, a shared server or VPS would be better.
Managed WordPress hosting
This is a special hosting service designed for running WordPress sites only. Any other scripts, including Drupal and Joomla, are not allowed on such a platform.
Managed WordPress hosting is a worry-free option because the provider has prepared everything you need. The server security, speed, website backups, WordPress updates, and the quality of the technical support are well guaranteed. But this does not mean it is great for everyone. The price is usually high as hosting a single site could cost $30/mo. And there are some restrictions on the use of plugins.