GreenGeeks is a privately-own company founded in 2008. And the company is now one of the green energy web hosting providers in the industry which has launched a complete series of products featuring by affordable price and satisfying performance.
HostGator is also a green-powered company which was established in 2002. Over a decade, the company has over 750 employees and several international offices over the globe. As for products, the company provides shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting and so on.
This comparison is going to discuss their shared hosting services from the perspectives of price, feature, performance and technical support so as to help you make a better choice.
GreenGeeks only offers one inclusive plan with the regular price at $6.95/mo. Through the promotional link below, you can enjoy nearly 43% off with the discounted price at $3.96/mo.
HostGator launches three plans for shared hosting namely Hatchling Plan, Baby Plan and Business Plan, pricing at $5.95/mo, $8.95/mo and $13.95/mo. Now, you can enjoy 30% off through the coupon code EUNGE30OFF. After discount, the lowest price is at $4.16/mo.
For payment methods, you can choose to pay by credit card or PayPal with the two companies. If you want to cancel your account out of any reason, you can also get full refund within 30 days with GreenGeenks and 45 days with HostGator.
As for features, most customers would pay more attention to some main features. Hence, we choose the inclusive plan from GreenGeeks and Hatchling Plan from HostGator to make a comparison so as to help you understand what they mainly support.
|Plan In Comparison||Web Hosting Plan||Hatchling Plan|
|Conclusion||Visit GreenGeeks||Visit HostGator|
From the table above, you may notice that both companies are quite remarkable for their inclusive features. Almost all the crucial features are available in their packages especially for basic resources. What needs to be highlighted is that the two companies only charge you at such a low price for solutions with such powerful features.
With either GreenGeeks or HostGator, you can enjoy the following useful and competitive features to run and manage your websites effectively.
- Server Resources – If you do not overuse the server resources, the allocation of disk space and monthly bandwidth is surely enough for supporting your blog or personal website.
- Control Panel – You can leverage the power of user-friendly cPanel control panel to manage your website domains, emails, files, database, FTP and many other aspects with ease. The intuitive interface can be the great option for newbies who even only have the basic computer knowledge.
- Ease of Use – To give you the easy process of website creation, these two web hosts support all the widely used online scripts that are used by you for website creation. The latest versions of MySQL and PHP are ensured for the 100% script compatibility and the 1-click installer is offered for the effortless installation.
- Free Extras – In addition to the basic features, you can also get some free extras that include the free backup service, free domain names, free advertising credits, free website builder, free website templates and many more.
- Security – To ensure you a secure hosting environment, they all offer some security related features that include SSL, SSH, Password Protection, IP Deny Management, Hotlink Protection, Firewall and some others.
- Geek Features – If you are an advanced user, you can also get almost all the programming languages, such as Ruby on Rails, CGI, PHP, Fast CGI, Perl and Python.
- Email Features – Both of them ensure you an unlimited number of email accounts, give you the WebMail Access, allow you to prevent the spam and junk emails using the Spam Assassin Service and help you easily set up the automatic responders, mailing lists, mail forwards and many more.
GreenGeeks has equipped their servers with the latest generation processors from Intel and Juniper and Cisco network routing which is famous for fast data transfer. While HostGator uses a fully redundant network powered by world class fiber providers. In addition, the company has its servers under 24-hour monitoring so that you won’t be troubled by accidents. Overall, both companies are honored for fast speed.
Both GreenGeeks and HostGator are famous for their green datacenters, which leads the way in the industry. GreenGeeks is 300% powered by renewable energy so as to reduce the carbon emission.
HostGator also uses multiple datacenters. In order to decrease server emissions, the company has invested a lot in wind energy and purchases certified Renewable Energy Credits. Besides, the company utilizes Supermicro servers which are well-known for reliable performance. According to statistics, the two companies barely had any downtimes in the past year and their customers are satisfied with their service.
As leading companies, the two companies also pay a lot of attention to customer service. First of all, commonly-used methods such as live chat, phone and email are available with them. Besides, they also make lots of efforts to enrich their knowledgebase to assist you comprehensively.
All these kind of services are free and 24×7 available supported by North America staffs. Particularly, HostGator has launched a customer portal by which you can apply for technical assistance right on your phone. In general, the majority of their real users appreciate their service.
After comparison, you may find that both companies not only provide the latest technologies, but also impress customers for dedicated services. If you want your websites to be more environmental-friendly, you can go to GreenGeeks, and in the case that you prefer to be hosted with a large company, you would better choose HostGator.