Having been engaged in hosting business for more than ten years, iPage has grown into a well-known web hosting provider that is welcomed by millions of webmasters. Arvixe has gained a popularity, too, but it is much smaller in size.
As shared hosting is the most popular service among the two companies’ all products because it owns the largest user base, we make this Arvixe vs iPage comparison focusing on their shared hosting from several influential aspects, such as technical support, performance, uptime, features and price.
In order to help webmasters select the most suitable hosting packages, Arvixe launches two shared hosting plans called Personal Class and Personal Class Pro with four billing cycles. If you want to choose the first plan, you have to pay $7/mo for 1 month term, $6/mo for 6, $5/mo for 12 and $4/mo for 24. These prices are acceptable. Besides, 60 days full refund is offered.
In comparison, iPage provides Essential plan at the price of $11.95/mo in regular time. To make this package more competitive and to attract more new users, this company makes a 83% discount now with which the price of this plan is reduced to $1.99/mo. The good news is that you can enjoy the low rates for a long time of 3 years. As for the refund, an anytime money back guarantee is allowed by this company.
Moreover, both web hosts involve a free domain and a lot of free marketing offers. For instance, both the Personal Class and Essential include $100 Google AdWords voucher and $100 Yahoo!/Bing voucher. Besides, iPage also offers free SiteLock, 1 GB cloud storage and $100 Bing ad credits for free, which further makes its offering attractive.
Taking Personal Class of Arvixe and Essential plan of iPage as an example, we make this comparison table to help readers have clear understandings about their differences.
|Plan||Personal Class||Essential Plan|
|Monthly Data Transfer||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|One-Click Script Installer|
|Money Back Guarantee||60 Days||Anytime|
|Claim It||–||Promo Link|
In this table, you can notice that many differences exist between the two web hosts. On top of that, the two companies adopt different control panels. Arvixe goes with cPanel while iPage chooses vDeck to offer services. However, both control panels are easy-to-use, so you can rest assured that the user experience is well ensured.
Uptime & Speed
With the help of the certified data centers, redundant carriers, DDoS attack response and network monitoring, iPage is capable of providing solid 99.9% hosting uptime. And firewall can protect customers’ websites and private information from being hacked.
Arvixe is not as good as its competitor in the shared hosting uptime because there are many criticisms about the downtime. A lot of customers say that their websites frequently go down for several days, and the issue is not solved by the provider yet.
As for the speed, iPage uses two world-class data centers powered by high quality DELL severs to offer fast page loads. In addition, the engineers of this company are monitoring the facilities 24 hour a day and 7 days a week to fix some emergent problems.
As for the performance of Arvixe, this company actually doesn’t do a good job. The following comparison chart is about the two companies’ server response time in past month.
When it comes to customer service, only iPage hires well-trained and experienced technicians to offer customers effective solutions. And live chat, phone call and email are accessible for users to seek help for anytime, no matter what their questions are about.
What’s more, these professional technicians have spent much time on posting numerous helpful articles and tutorials in terms of web design, domain name registration and email configuration. Such resources will help a lot.
Arvixe, however, does really bad in technical support as dozens of complaints appear every day. You will easily find a negative reviews like the following one on the Internet.
Frankly speaking, one of the biggest issues concerning about the shared web hosting is the security aspect. After all, you have to share the same server with many other website owners. In this case, once one of these neighborhoods has done something wrong to make the whole server machine vulnerable to the online dangers, your website may suffer a lot.
Due to this, both iPage and Arvixe have focused a lot for the improvement of the hosting security. For instance, with iPage, you can benefit from the below services and technologies.
- The daily backup service – This special service is state-of-the-art, which will take the snapshots of your whole website on a daily basis. This means you can get the new copy of website backup for each day and restore your site using the most fresh file.
- Password protected directories – This feature gives you the ability to privatize some of your folders and directories of your hosting account. Note that once you have added this feature to a particular directory, it means you can remove some users from being able to access this directory.
- IMAP and POP3 – This is an email feature, with which you can have all of your email accounts accessed via the SSL ports for the POP3 and IMAP4 protocols.
- Firewall – The firewall is set up with all of their servers in advance. In this case, all the unnecessary and unopen ports can be prevented effectively to increase the security level of the whole server environment.
- Brute force detection – The engine for the brute force detection is also pre-configured. In this case, all the suspicious attempts can be blocked for hackers to get the access to your hosting account.
- A free security suite that includes the business verification and automatic malware scanning.
From what we compared before, you can see that both iPage is the better shared hosting provider because it not only provides lower price than the other, but also the much more helpful after-sale technical support. Thus, we highly recommend you to take this company into account.